Friday, July 28, 2006

I'm here, and alive.

Alright, I arrived safely and I'm now in Pat's beautiful apartment.

Yesterday I travelled around Tokyo with Pat, bought an electronic dictionary, met up with Kilreli (his real name is Pat as well) and slept in a capsule hotel.
What is a capsule hotel? Picture tubes hollowed into a wall, where people crawl into to sleep. Inside Is a panel that controls a personal tv and radio as well as an alarm clock. Having been my first time staying at one, it was quite an experience. The toilet there was also so small that I could hardly fit my legs into the stall to sit down. Not comfortable.

Today I met up with Rhett's girlfriend Melissa, and a fellow OP9 internet buddy. We had a good time trying to figure out what this trio of people were doing in the middle of a crowded street. They would accost passerby, but only a select few fashionable looking men and women. Eventually Patrick mustered up the courage to ask one of them what they were doing: he found they were recruiting for a "host" service, which is basically prostitution. At least, one of the trio hinted at it, by making a sort of "ok" hand signal, which is a gesture that connotes sex.

After such an interesting day, we are now sitting around eating Kraft Dinner. I hope everyone is doing well!
Tomorrow I get to help Pat teach a class of 5-10 year olds. Sounds fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

teach me the OK signal..i feel it will help me get the ladddaays.
Peace.

Anonymous said...

YES YES YES!!!! not only am i in 羽's blog, but I'm also in yours. i will FOREVER(or at least as long as your blog lives) be immortalized on the internet! even if its just a sentence! yesssssss!
yeah so anyways, how are things back in Canada? things suck in ohio. they actually suck and blow at the same time, a thing that previously only very talented women could do. I wanna go back to Japan so bad.
Now im depressed, while at the same time happy. odd?