Wednesday, July 26, 2006

First Post, Hey-o!

So this is going to be my blog for the big ol' trip to Japan. I leave tomorrow morning at 5am for the airport, but actually depart at 8am. I will be arriving on the 27th at approximately 2pm Japan-time. There I will be meeting up with the expat pal of mine, Patrick Brousseau. hyuk hyuk hyuk, no pun intended.

We plan to spend 3 days in Tokyo, then will return to his native area of Iwate in the north. After 5 or so days with him, it's off to see Fumi in the very south of japan for roughly 20 days, then home.

I will be posting pictures of my crrrrrrrrazy antics, but mostly just the family friendly ones.

Hi mom!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great time Chris, we'll miss you.
Love Mum and Dad

Anonymous said...

Hi Chris

Looking forward to reading your blog and seeing you pictures. Have a great flight.

Talk to you soon!

Anonymous said...

That last comment was from me!

Just learning how to blog

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a great flight and weren't too tired to visit with Patrick. Please be very careful with your bank card! Perhaps go into the bank and withdraw your money through the teller. If you decide to use a machine make sure you keep all of your receipts. Somehow our account has been accessed in France and yesterday alone they removed $1000.00 from our account. Altogether I think they took about 3-4K over the last 2 weeks. The investigation will take 120 days, and who knows if we will get our money back. We only used machines at well known banks (no purchases made in stores etc.)
I'm sure you'll be Ok, but just a warning. Greg and I fed Kemuri on Thurs. and Kuma is becoming a little terrorist! I need to get his nails clipped, he keeps attacking me!
Enjoy your visit with Pat.
Love Mum and Dad xoxo

Anonymous said...

Hello, Mr. and Mrs. Charlton! Your ATM story sounds a bit familiar - a problem in Japan (and Canada too, if Chris told you about what happened to Fumi) is that people will slip keystroke monitors and magnetic readers into the machines, so the magnetic signature of your card and your PIN are both recorded. Sorry to hear about your monetary misfortune! Chris is doing fine here though.

Anonymous said...

hi CHRIS
It is 8pm THURSDAY ,THE DAY OF YOUR ARRIVAL AUGUST 24th/06 in the best land in the Universe ,NORTH
AMERICA (CANADA },Welome HOME CHRISTOPHER ROBERT TECK CHARLTON .

GRAMMA and I enjoyed receiving your journal from JAPAN ,well done . ......love gramps