Saturday, May 19, 2007

Hey More Crap About Work!

Today was a 13.5 hour day. Tomorrow may be the same. God help me!

I had an interesting(infuriating) conversation with one of the customers:
Customer: "Do you have the big swiss chard?"
Me: "Pardon me, sir?"
C: "The big swiss chard." (This doesn't exist).
Me: "We have swiss chard green, and neon sir."
C: "No, the big one!"
Me: "I... uhh, we don't have any?"
C: "I was here last week, you had it." (No we didn't.)
Me: "... I guess we're sold out."

5 minutes later

Customer: "Hey, you got the Sweet Cherry Peppers?"
Me: "Yes sir we do, right here."
C: "Nonono, the sweet cherry pepper. The big one."
M: "The what?"
C: "You know, the big one... pimento."
M: "Oh, the pimento are right here sir, see?"
C: "Nonono, these aren't round. I want the Cherry."
M: "The Cherry are right here sir."
C: "No, I want the big one!"
M: "There is no such thing sir."
C: "I was here last week, you had it."
M (fed up): "No we didn't. It doesn't exist."
Then I just walked off.


I get one of these at least once a day.

4 comments:

Chris said...

Where are the veg-eh-tab-luhs?

Gorrozolla said...

you need a squirt bottle to keep the rowdy ones on check ;)

Chris WJ Charlton said...

chien: It's "vej ih tablehs"

marc: If the squirt bottle was filled with acid that not only burns the victim but also passes through time and space to burn their ancestors, then: yes. I need a squirt bottle.

Anonymous said...

You are doing a very good job kuripyon. ganbatte ne.